NIK: Past or Future?

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Wed Apr 17 23:53:25 EDT 1996

On 16-APR-1996 10:56:09.9 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >As you know, I've been quite harsh about most of Turner's recent
   >output, but I really quite like this one!  It's a lot more "together"
   >than _SR94_, it seems a lot more comfortable with itself, and Simon
   >House's presence adds such *class* (especially on "High Rise").  It's
   >a more interesting selection of material, too, with stuff like "Lord
   >of the Hornets" (instead of the 99th version of "Master of the
   >Universe").  And it doesn't try to be what it's not.
   >Also, Turner hands over the vocals on a couple of tracks so his voice
   >doesn't
   >wear out, and being a single CD it doesn't overstay its welcome.
   >About the only black mark is for the Moorcock vocal, which is a bit
   >cringe-making (but still miles better than Genesis P-Orridge on _SR94_).
   >And to think I only bought it for the cover... :)
   >- Andy

I love this, though it took a long time to sink in... I still don't have
SR'94, but I do have Prohpets Of Time, which I like a great deal, but this I
think is much better. Even the bits I was unsure of at first (such as
"Warrior", "High Rise" and "Silver M") sound much better now. Though I don't
think the vocals of (Grenas?) the singer for High and Audio are much better
than Niks'.

Favorites: Dream Worker, Opa-Loka 2000, Soul Herder, 10 Seconds, Ejection,
Do That, Hornets.

Chuck
`[1;33;40mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive