Eric on Imaginos

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 18 11:07:48 EDT 1996

>         Eric also says complementary things about Crate guitar amps?  I
> recall these sucking horribly--have they changed or is he in space?
> He says they are using Crate's Blue Voodoo amps ...
>         Eric also says something vague about recording soon, "summer into
> fall".  I suppose anything is possible!  (Here's hoping!).
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Carl,
The recent Crate amps are pretty cool, esp. the tube models, which
includes the Blue Voodoo models.  Marty Friedman of Megadeth is
endorsing them right now.  Actually, if you can stomach a transistor
amp [I can't] their recent tranny amps are as good as that format can
be.  I've contemplated getting a Blue Voodoo myself, but I'm amp-rich
at the moment and don't really need one for anything.  It's a 3-
channel setup, supposedly with tons of gain, and they're a good, make
that excellent, value.  I suspect you're thinking of the old ones
that looked like they were made from scrap two by fours?  They were
pieces of shit--I know 'cause I jam with a dude who's got one.
theo