BOC: Eric on WotT and other things (long)

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Apr 18 13:49:42 EDT 1996

>     (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Godzilla, and Burnin' Up are all here, along

Apparently BFY wasn't too memorable, eh?

>     album. Stephen King agreed, but the Director said no. So, Atlantic

Yeah, like who was calling the shots?

>     No current plans to do interactive CD-ROMS. Although there is a game
>     out now, RIPPER, with The Reaper used in the soundtrack.

Well, I guess we can stop searching the game for signs of some other
song.   If you want to get this game for BOC, don't bother.  Get the free
demo CD, it has both the prologue (which includes the entirety of the
game's BOC content) and the trailer, which has more of the song than
the game (on 6 CD's) does.

>     Is there a chance that you'll ever reunite with the Bouchards?
>
>     Unlikely there will ever be a reunion. There's no reason for it.

WELL....  we need to get this interviewer on BOC-L...

>     What music do you currently listen to?
>
>     I personally listen to all kinds of stuff. Biohazard, Prong,
>     Machinehead, Deftones, love the White Zombie album of last year, Rage
>     Against the Machine, Pantera, etc. I like very little of what is
>     called Alternative, except maybe Stone Temple Pilots.

I can't fault him here....  sounds like the stuff his son listens to...

>     Buck reads all his stuff. I am more into fantasy and sci-fi, than
>     horror. I also like techno-thrillers. Looking for a good read? Try
>     'Hyperion' or the William Gibson books.

My opinion of him goes up somewhat.  'Hyperion' is on my short list as one
of the greatest s-f books of all time.  (on some 'net polling site I came across
that maintains weekly vote tracks of ratings of books, it placed like #5 or
#6....
Minor note to the other half-- Zelazny's "Lord of Light" (also on my list)
was #10...

Now... if only he could do a song about Hyperion, ("Worldweb", "The Shrike",
"The Ousters", "The Time Tombs", "The Dying Earth"... any of these could
be great song titles....), maybe we'd have somnething.

>     We are very up about recording soon, and we should be in the studio
>     this summer into the Fall, playing a few shows on weekends. We have a
>     lot of good new material, some of which we play live now. Most of our
>     shows are selling out and we all have a good time. That's what it's
>     all about. :)

Good show.  Don't know whether I belive the contract stuff, but otherwise
I get a good feeling from this interview...
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)