NIK: Past or Future?

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sun Apr 21 02:08:40 EDT 1996

On 20-APR-1996 16:57:12.4 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >On Sat, 20 Apr 1996 HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM wrote:
   >> On 19-APR-1996 15:25:46.4 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >> >Grenas sings High Rise, while the bass player (forgot his name,
   >sorry) > >sings Audio Energy... at least that's how they did it in
   >Dallas. > Nope, it's Grenas on both. Sounds like the same guy...and
   >he's the only one
   >> other than Nik credited w/lead vocals (not that credits can't be
   >wrong, of > course, but...).
   >Like I said, in Dallas it was one each, but it may have changed later on
   >in the tour.
   >> Went to Best Buy today and almost bought a Pressurehed CD. Can't
   >recall the
   >> title now, but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here. Release about
   >'93 or > '94.
   >_Sudden_Vertigo_.
   >> What is this band's stuff like? I was very tempted to buy it...I like
   >> their sound on Nik's stuff...but I think I read somewhere that they
   >are mor e
   >> industrial...and I usually don't go that way.
   >They are more intustrial, but the guys at Cleopatra like to call them
   >"the first crossover between industrial and psychedelic", whatever that
   >means.  Apparently it's one way of saying that I like it.
   >If the word "industrial" conjures up bands like Ministry, NIN, etc.,
   >that's the wrong impression and not much of a comparison.  While
   >Pressurehed do have industrial elements (plenny o' synths and electronic
   >drumming... their first album doesn't have a real "drummer", purr-say),
   >the music simply isn't as much torture for the ears as, say, most of the
   >songs on _Broken_ by NIN.  BTW, in case you didn't know before, I *HATE*
   >industrial bands such as Ministry and NIN (at least the NIN songs that
   >lend themselves to that categorization).
   >This is an incomplete view of the music of Pressurehed, though, so
   >opinions other than mine ought to be posted as well.

Well, it just happens that I went music shopping again today (better be
careful, there's bills to pay...) at a different shop and this time found
both Infadrone and SV both on cassette, Inf for $1.99, SV for 4.99. Yes, I
went cheap as usual and got 'Drone. Not much to say yet...there is potential
here. I definitely prefer a drummer over machine, but I can stand this...
Their style is very wall-of-sound-ish, consistent w/HW...

   >Damon Capehart          | "Snot is running down his nose!"
   >dcapehar at utdallas.edu   |   - Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull

Chuck
`[1;31;47mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive