BOC: Gigs in M.E.262land (was: Dino-tours)

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Apr 23 12:21:59 EDT 1996

Andy replies to mine:

> Theo
>
> Of course you're right, because you know the whole song and its context.  But
> if you're a neo-Nazi with limited English and an even more limited sense of
> irony - or a tabloid journalist, ditto - you might easily think the song
> glorifies Nazism.  I've no idea whether BOC did or did not play "Me 262" in
> Germany, but they might well have been keen to avoid anything that might
> associate them (however misguidedly) with Nazism.  After all, they were
> already sailing pretty close to the wind with the hooked cross emblem.
>
> - Andy

I know that a 'BOC is pro Nazi' idea has circulated.  All the more
crazy because I thought I read somewhere that Eric is Jewish.  And,
of course, the Kronos symbol [as well as variants on the swastika]
predate this millenium, if people bothered to look into it.  BTW,
classical scholars out there, is it Cronos or Kronos?
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?