off: R. Thompson

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Apr 23 14:56:52 EDT 1996

> > New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?
>
>         From what I've heard of RT's new one, it's quite good (as one
> might expect).  Not sure if I can afford to pick it up just yet, especially
> with all this new HW stuff coming out :) but I might catch him live
> in Cambridge in May.
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

It IS an amazing record, typically heart-wrenching.  It's 2 discs,
even though it all would have fit on one.  One disc is called
'Voltage enhanced' and it's electric stuff.  Disc two is 'Nude,'
appropriately stripped to voice and acoustic guitar and bass.  He
repeats two songs on each disc, even though they wind up sounding
very similar.  In fact, the 'Voltage Enhanced' disc is pretty spare,
not a lot of R.T.'s famed elec. gtr work.  But I tell ya, if you like
R.T., you've got to have this one.  Even though it's a 2-disc set,
it's low priced--it cost about 2 bucks more than a single cd.
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?