Found on the Web 2

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 23 18:57:14 EDT 1996

Duane Hoyt writes:

> >Martyn White writes:
> >>

> >> Out now from EBS/Griffin/Cargo is a live album, Undisclosed Files
> >> Addendum, an ambient project called White Zone (as the Psychedelic Warriors)
> >> and an album from reggae artist Capt. Rizz. Soon will be the release of a Dave
> >> Brock solo album, more dance remixes, the legendary Weird tapes
> >
> (snip)
> >
> >> Hawkwind's 25th anniversary will climax in August with a special event near a
> >> British castle with former membersd's Lemmy and writer
> >> Michael Moorcock.
> >

> Ok, now I am really confused. I am under the impression that this is
> "old news" but recently found on the internet. So, did I time warp
> Friday night while in an "alternate" state of mind, or did I not see
> Hawkwind perform their 25th aniversary tour called " The Spirit of the
> Age Tour" in Cleveland last April? Isn't the solo album refered to above
> "Strange Trips and Pipe Dreams"? ( I think I'm having one of these right now)
> Arggggghhhh, I'm sooooo confused!!

Yep!   Given that Hawkwind were first formed in 1969 (I think that's
right!) then their 25th anniversary should have been in 1994.   However
they did their 25th Anniversary show in this country at Pentrich last
year, 1995 and most of their other celebratory stuff was in 1995.
However, with most of the planned celebrations not actually happening
they carried forward most of their plans to this current year, 1996 and
are now probably going to delay everything until 1997 now to celebrate
the success of "Silver Machine" and thence into "Space Ritual"  and so
on.....

The solo album will be Brock's "Strange Trips and Pipe Dreams" but I
don't *think* the remixes have been released yet.   Leastways I've seen
them not.   Yet.

jill

obSadSoundOnAWetMorning>  waking up to hear the gently persistent sound
of rain dripping - inside the house   8-(((

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk