BRAIN: Review of *Trepanation*

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Tue Apr 23 15:39:25 EDT 1996

HWillman at AOL.COM writes:

> It sure must be nice to be able to say something like "I'd like to see the
> Brain Surgeons do this song once, or that song once, maybe not so much of
> that song, etc."

Ummm... yeah, it is, actually.  Having the opportunity of comparing
performance quality and songlists from show to show is quite a luxury
for a music fan... and if I sound like I'm griping, it's only because
I never stop being a critic.  Ever.  :-)

> Heck, I'd like to be able to see them do ANY song!!!!  Even once!!
>
> IMHO, I think some of our (ever fortunate) East Coast members have become a
> little "spoiled."  I only wish I were so spoiled!!

I suppose I shouldn't point out now that I spent 20 years in Buffalo,
whose local music scene has so far only produced Billy Sheehan and the
"Goo Goo Dolls".  I've paid my dues.  ;-)

Steve