OTHER: Hyperion, STP, Alice in chains....

Brad M. Lauchnor eqshw.blauchno at STATE.UT.US
Wed Apr 24 10:37:42 EDT 1996

 Carl wrote:

>I've only seen STP on MTV, and for a grungoid band they weren't too
>bad--though I actually got more of a kick out of Alice in Chains :)

STP is a pretty decent band. Nothing spectacular, but they are a couple
of notches above most. Sorta like Zeppelin. Alice in chains can be very
good to fairly mediocre. All IMHO of course. (I grew up on BOC,
Zeppelin, Rainbow, Aerosmith, etc. so my opinion may be a bit biased ;))

>>  'Hyperion' is on my short list as one
>> of the greatest s-f books of all time.

>  Haven't read Hyperion, but I got progressively more and more
>bogged down in Gibson.

Well, I don't read a lot of sci-fi, mostly fnatasy, but I have read Hyperion.
Damn good book. Though some others didn't care for the sequel, "Fall of
Hyperion", I thought it was excellent too. Read both if you have the time.

Brad L.   blauchno at state.ut.us