blotto

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Apr 24 12:19:14 EDT 1996

Frank says:
> Ted O. Jackson wrote:
> > Have you guys ever listened to Blotto?  I don't think they're
> > together anymore, but they were a hard rockin' group who had a lot of
> > humor.  One of them collaborated on BOC's 'Dragon Lady' from 'Rev. by
> > Night.'  Buck is prominently featured on their video 'Metalhead.'
> > Sample song titles:  'I wanna be a Lifeguard,' 'She's Got a Big
> > Boyfriend.'
>
> I think I saw Blotto open for BOC once.  Are these the same guys that
> have songs like "James Bond Must Die" and something about destroying
> smurfs?  If this is them, I remember them being pretty entertaining on
> stage.
>
> Frank

I'm not sure about killing Smurfs, but I believe Blotto has a song
called: 'Goodbye Mr. Bond."  I only saw them once myself, and I have
one of their records, so I can check that one.  It's quite likely
that they opened for BOC at some point in their careers.  The gtr
player was a geeky, Clark Kent-looking dude with a bow tie [in fact,
his name is Bow Tie Blotto.  They're all named Blotto--the best is
singer Lee Harvey Blotto!].  The bass player has a shaved head.
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?