BOC: Gigs in M.E.262land (was: Dino-tours)

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue Apr 23 22:33:24 EDT 1996

>> >Does/Did BOC do ME-262 live there?  Or did they skip this on those
>> >occasions?

I knew you would be replying to this, Theo! :-)

>I don't see what the problem would be in playing ME 262.
[cut]
>Or perhaps the way the song revels in warfare
>imagery without showing any consideration for the negative?  The
>almost matter-of-fact references to burning planes, bombing cities,
>etc., but that kind of nonchalance could hardly be ascribed only to
>Germans.

Let's make a division into Germans (born in Germany) and Nazis (holding nazi
sympathies); not /necessarily/ connected. If everyone in Europe would do
that, there would be a lot less prejudice against Germans. Unfortunately,
still many people are referring to Germans as 'Moffen'. (I don't if in
English it's another word, but I guess you know what I mean.) Maybe a 'Mof'
was a compliment way before WWII, I don't know. And the people who use the
word don't know either, so they confess they're using it in the way it was
used during WWII.

>Are the skinheads that much a factor?  Do Germans feel uncomfortable that
>there could be a legit. nazi resurgence?  Or uncomfortable that deep
>down they might agree with the nazis?

Skinheads = nazi, you mean? Not necessarily, I thought. But anyway, there's
quite a movement of amazingly stupid people who believe in some words some
guy with some brain and the power to rule the stupid. There's quite a lot of
demonstrations going on by them and against them. It's not only the Germans
who think there could be a legit nazi resurgence. A lot of people I know
(from Holland, Germany, Belgium, France, and England) have had serious
problems with the way France is pushing their will (correct English?).

A thing that bothers me is that some people I talk with, say they don't
sympathise, but they can understand people use their vote on the
right-extremists as a protest to government, who are not listening. The fact
that people can think like that frightens me.

>Simply grist for debate, but
>I'd be interested in the views of Euro-rockers on this stuf

Besides the news, I rarely watch tv. Recently I saw some kind of 'talk show
for the braindead' (you know which shows I mean) with a couple of guys from
KKK. They think (if that's the word) and act the same way as those
nationalistic fucks I saw on the news. Someone asked them a question, no one
dared / was able to answer.
What I mean, it's not a European matter I think. It happens all around.
unfortunately. Anyway, interesting enough?

>New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?
Style?

Jerry