BOC: Gigs in M.E.262land (was: Dino-tours)

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue Apr 23 22:23:33 EDT 1996

>>reyes at ALOFT.ATT.COM wrote:
>>Does/Did BOC do ME-262 live there?  Or did they skip this on those
>>occasions?

>Hans-Joergen wrote:
>I've never seen them doing M.E. 262. Though I have to admit I've seen them
>only 3 times live, as I, originally coming from classical music, discovered
>BOC relatively lately.

1984-01-27, Messe Halle, Sindelfingen, Germany
                track one(!): ME-262 (3:15)
1988-02-26, Jovel, Munster, Germany
                track nine: ME-262 (4:04)
I have two other tapes from gigs in Germany (1989-04-03, Stadthalle,
Offenbach and 1992-09-24, Stadthalle Mulheim, Koeln), but they did not play
ME-262 there.

>I can only guess, BOC thus tried to avoid being associated with German
>NeoNazi movement

That would be a wise thing to do for everybody, isn't it?

>who possibly could be attracted by lines like "Hitler's on
>the phone from Freiburg"...

:-) I though Hitler was calling from Berlin, and Goering was on the phone
from Freiburg!

>Anyway, apart from this, M.E. 262 is next to "Stairways to the stars" one my
>all-time BOC favourites - OK only if you have a look on these type of
>hardrocking, rhythm dominated stuff. ;-)

Er... I'd prefer somewhat more melodic stuff (like Nosferatu), but also the
heavier songs (when they're melodic / diverse... still a progrock fan, aren't
I?), like: Black Blade, Siege And Investiture and the likes.

Jerry