BOC: Gigs in M.E.262land (was: Dino-tours)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Apr 24 13:34:37 EDT 1996

>(I have already talked to Theo about this.) About the symbol (the swastika,
>not Saturn), used to be a symbol for 'life', a bit like Egyptian 'ankh'. It
>was oulded into another meaning by some terrible things in the fourties.

        The "swastika" is an ancient symbol of good luck, associated with
Indo-European sky/thunder gods (i.e. Thorr/Tor) and that is precisely why
the Nazis appropriated it.
        In places where its meaning wasn't so grossly perverted, like India,
it retains its original function.

Cheers,
Carl "Folklore & Mythology" Anderson