BOC: Gigs in M.E.262land (was: Dino-tours)

Niko Makila Niko.Makila at CSC.FI
Thu Apr 25 08:09:28 EDT 1996

Jerry's message dated: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:52:59 PDT

> I know about a story on this one. In Finland, the (naval) merchant service
> use the swastika as their symbol, on their flags. When they celebrated their
> umpteenth anniversary, the Finnish ambassey put out these flags, and got a
> lot of angry phone calls of course.
> Their symbol differs from the one with the bad name in colour (it's light
> blue) and stands upright on one of the corners.

I think it's also a mirror image of the Nazi-swastika.  Anyway the
Finnish army used swastika as their symbol way before Hitler did (well,
at least twenty years or so).

        //niko (who has *been* in the Finnish army...)