BOC: Swastikas and Me.262s!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Apr 25 15:43:52 EDT 1996

> This is *really* unusual - of all the
> many WW2 films, for instance, I can only think of two, off-hand, which are
> told from a German point of view (_Cross of Iron_ and _The Keep_, fwiw), and
> in neither of those are they fighting western troops.

        I think I've seen _Cross of Iron_.  Sam Peckinpah (sp?) direct, inte
sant?

> The symbol, too, is meant to be subversive - I always felt it was
> deliberately not anything in particular, but reminiscent of all sorts of
> things; but mainly meant to look *pagan*.  Together with the name of the
> band, it conjures images of unspeakable rituals from the depths of
> pre-history...  Which is really cool!  (But, of course, doesn't mean the band
> advocate, or participate in, unspeakable rituals - you'd have to be pretty
> simple-minded, or else in the moral majority, to think that!)

        We understand, we understand, we understand ...

        You can never have too many unspeakable rituals from the depths
of time--they make great copy! :)  Speaking of which, I think I'll drag
some BOC to the Cambridge Univeristy Worshipers of Cthulu party (if that
won't be an unspeakable ritual from the depths of pre-history, nothing will!
;) on Saturday.  I bet they'd quite go for D&S ...
        Maybe I'll see if I can sneak from Brain Surgeons and Hawkwind
past 'em ... :)

Cheers,
Carl