Concrete Blonde (was Re: BRAIN: Review of *Trepanation*)

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Fri Apr 26 10:55:57 EDT 1996

> > Johnette is/was the singer for Concrete Blonde.  If you like
> > BOC stuff I think you might like CB too.   The material is
> > at least interesting along the lines of the old BOC stuff.
>
>         Was--they've split now.  Good band.  Ossian's Ride (my old band)
> used to rip off their cover of Leonard Cohen's "Everybody Knows" :)
>
>         I hear Johnette has a new band, but I don't remember the name.

The band in Pretty & Twisted.  They have a self-titled CD out on
Warner Bros.  It is in a similar vein to Concrete Blonde and not bad
at all.  I think it sounds more sparse than the later CB songs,
though.

Frank

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

Yea, though I ski down the mountain at 40 MPH with no idea what is
around the next switchback, I shall have no fear, for at 12,000 feet,
there is no longer enough oxygen for my brain to understand the term.