Remaster decision

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Apr 30 06:10:55 EDT 1996

> I haven't even heard these remasters yet, so I'm not really judging them,
> but with the sound being so drastically different from the originals,
> doesn't
> it bother anyone? I mean, sure the production of Doremi from a techincal
> standpoint was atrocious, but that's just the way it was, it's still a
> classic album, partly BECAUSE of the raw production,
> and I feel like
> I'd be uncomfortable if it actually had a more modern sound/production. How
> much can an album be messed with, with it still being the same album?

        Naw, they haven't *remixed* it, just remastered it.  The performance
is the same as always--loads of fuzz and mud :)  But the transfer to
disc has been done properly so you can hear it.

        Put it this way:  it sounds *much* closer to they way it did
in the studio when it was being recorded than it did on the One Way CD,
and probably even than the original vinyl on a nice LP-player.  In other
words, it sounds the way it _should_!

Cheers,
Carl