Marshall will buoy

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Apr 30 10:20:29 EDT 1996

> >  I suppose Fender
> still makes Bassmen is one or more forms, since their reasonably classic.
>
> Yes, they have a reissue of the '59 Bassman amp.  It doesn't appear that
> they have a complete line of Bassman amps anymore other than this reissue.
> Their main line of bass amps these days is the "BXR" solid state amps
> (I've got one of these), and their "Rumble Bass" all-tube units.
>
> John
Yeah, but who ever used a Bassman to play bass through?  They're one
of the all-time great guitar amps ever.  But if you want to sava a
ton of money, get a Peavey Classic 50.  It costs about 300 bucks
less, and has overdrive and channel switching.  The only thing
lacking is the original tweed covering--the Peavey's the right color,
just made of tolex for more durability.  Still, the Fender reissues
are real beauts, just overpriced.  I'd say you'd be ahead with a
Blues DeVille.  Much more versatility and plenty ballsy.  I've played
through its little brother, the Blues DeLuxe, and thats an amazing
amp too, just smaller.
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?