but Ampeg control...

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Apr 30 10:30:57 EDT 1996

> > The Regal Tones (Joe & my band) were powered with 2 Ampeg ReverboRockets
> > plus Fender Bassman and EV PA for the lenght of my high school career.
>
>         Hmmmm.  I get the feeling this was before my time ... ;)
>         Does Ampeg _make_ ReverboRockets any more? :)  I suppose Fender
> still makes Bassmen is one or more forms, since their reasonably classic.
>
> Cheers,
> Carl
Ampeg recently started reissuing them.  But don't run out to the
store just yet.  The problem with them [and the Bassman reissue] is
that they have no overdrive, except that achieved by turning the
thing on ten [or 12!]  So, unless you're in a situation where you can
play the thind pegged out, it's not such a great idea, unless you can
tolerate the idea of putting a stomp-box in the front of it.  But if
you're gonna do that, why buy the amp in the first place?
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?