Remaster decision

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Apr 30 04:57:26 EDT 1996

In message <01I44Y2BRIIK9C0FP3 at delphi.com>, HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM writes
> I mean, sure the production of Doremi from a techincal
>standpoint was atrocious, but that's just the way it was, it's still a
>classic album, partly BECAUSE of the raw production,
>and I feel like
>I'd be uncomfortable if it actually had a more modern sound/production. How
>much can an album be messed with, with it still being the same album?
>

>   >Steve

That's a fair question albeit an academic one, because one listen will
dispel any qualms. They really are *the business*! It's not difficult to
be in love with that fuzzy authentic sound. I collect loads od 60's
garage punk/psyche for precisely that reason. But I think you'd have to
be one pedantic purist to hear these and not be impressed....

I would have to disagree that the poor production contributed to (Doremi
esp. ) their classic status. No, I think if this album had come out in
'72 they would be bigger than the Floyd these days. (Wishful thinking!)
It's a classic album because the choons are so good!
I'm listening to Space Is Deep right now...

Steve, buy this album, buy it, stop reading this, go, now, buy.

Scott said..
>Well, the description that I read here stated that they had pressed
>4000 "each", and had sold "2500".  I presume that means that they have
>sold 2500/16000.  So I don't think they're going to become unavailable
>any time soon.

I'm pretty sure he meant 2500/4000 sets but having said that he means
2500 have sold _from EMI_ as oppposed to from the record shops. As far
as EMI are concerned they're sold. All 2500 could be in the shops
forever, they're still sold as far as the record co. are concerned so I
think they'll be around for a while if my local HMV and Our Price are
anything to go by. But what I want to know is, why don't you buy them
anyway, (apart from lack of cash) - they're brilliant! I guarentee you
won't be disappointed. I buy/trade/aquire about 10 CD's a week and I
haven't heard anything better this year.

Is there anyone who's heard them, who *doesn't* like the remasters?

--
Jon Browne