but Ampeg control...

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Apr 30 13:37:02 EDT 1996

> > > The Regal Tones (Joe & my band) were powered with 2 Ampeg ReverboRockets
> > > plus Fender Bassman and EV PA for the lenght of my high school career.
> >
> >         Does Ampeg _make_ ReverboRockets any more?
>
> Ampeg recently started reissuing them.  But don't run out to the
> store just yet.

        No worries, on _that_ score.  I have no business buying amps
in my current financial situation :P

> The problem with them [and the Bassman reissue] is
> that they have no overdrive, except that achieved by turning the
> thing on ten [or 12!]

        Good fun, no doubt, but probably bad for the building I live in ...
        I'm already pushing to low gain tolerances of my tranny bass
amp to keep quiet enough for peaceful co-existence with my neighbours ;)

Cheers,
Carl