OFF: New Porky Tree.....

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Tue Apr 30 18:40:19 EDT 1996

Hey, Folks....

Just saw this brief review on r.m.p......for those interested....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's a new single out by Porcupine Tree, called Waiting. I picked
it up yesterday (It was actually in the first shop I went into!)

It's excellent. The first track, Waiting is very acoustic, with
mellow electric guitar and a real good beat to it. The singing's
pretty good, too. The second track is an instrumental which builds
up to a nice electric guitar climax, and the third track reminds
me very much of Gong's Jazzy period, 74-76. It seems to sound
much nicer than the other PT stuff! Can't wait for the album,
and concert... Recommended!
end transmission

What's the name of the new album, and when should we expect it??  Anyone know??
And will *all* of this stuff be on the new album?? (I'm guessing not).

Is it just me, or does it seem like Mr. Wilson is a bit too eager to get new
material released (unlike BOC, I guess), before putting together a complete
album??  I mean, the band has (I think) four full-length CD's out (the first
two of which are different than the original), but the complete PT discography
is already a mile long. And then, of course, TSMS is out in two different
formats (UK and NA)....

How does anyone who isn't a completist/collector know what he has, or what he
still needs???  I think Marillion started out this way also, with a flood of
EP's and singles before they got a steady record deal with EMI.

Anyway, this is what I have on CD (or will soon have)....

The Sky Moves Sideways (UK version)
Up the Downstair (UK)
On the Sunday of Life
Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape

How many other various tracks are there available on all the different EP's and
other special releases???  Maybe a whole album's worth?  I think PT will need
to continue in Marillion's footsteps and release a 'B-sides' compilation....HW
could've done the same, before throwing them on to all the remasters, other
compilations, etc.

Keith H.