OFF: Eloy-news

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Thu Aug 1 14:49:05 EDT 1996

> On 31 Jul 96 at 9:21, Christian Mumford wrote:
>
> > Hmm.. I've always been curios about this band, but have never had the
> > opportunity to actually hear them. From what I understand their late
> > 70's period is considered "space-rock".... which album would be a good
> > place to start for a rabid Hawkwind fan??
>
> My tips - "Ocean" and "Colours".

I'll 2nd those with a bit of Planets thrown in as well.
The earlier stuff always reminds me or tangerine dream ,maybe its the "deep"
organ sound?
Did anyone see them play at the Marquee around 84/85 ? or tape it?
I've tried to get hold of this but to no avail.

regards

Marty