BOC & Olympics

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Aug 1 04:20:39 EDT 1996

> Of course, despite all that, I still can't explain how Jesse Helms has
> managed to stay in office for so damn long without admitting there's
> obviously some large, unpleasant portion of the NC population who want
> him there.  But I think that's changing.

        My parents both grew up in NC and I've got a lot of family down
there.  And I'd like to take this opportunity to say that JH has been
the butt of family jokes the whole time he's been in office :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           *  "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                            *   fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html   *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.           *   -- Pippi Langstrump