OFF: Eloy/WotEoT

David Bottomley D.M.Bottomley at LBORO.AC.UK
Thu Aug 1 10:48:53 EDT 1996

At 15:27 31/07/96 BST, you wrote:

>There was a mid-period compilation but I've forgotten what it was
>called.

>FoFP

This was 'Wings of Vision' and I reckon it dates from 80/1. It made
occasional appearances for a year or so then disappeared never to be seen
again. I'm sure it's not been re-issued on CD. I never bought a copy, so
can't remember the exact track listing but I seem to recall that the title
track was the only one that didn't appear on other LPs. I think most of the
others were from 'Colours', 'Ocean' and 'SCaME'. Given that WoV itself is on
the comp of early years material, I guess there's no need for this to be
re-issued. I also recall that the cover was an exact duplication of 'Ocean'
for some strange reason.

BTW, I'd recommend bits of 'Inside' and 'Floating', all of 'Ocean' and avoid
'Power and the Passion' like the plague - it contains possibly the most
embarassing moments in recorded rock history IMHO!

Cheers

Dave B