OFF Huw Lloyd Langton

Mike Parkington mdp at TADPOLE.CO.UK
Fri Aug 2 12:38:36 EDT 1996

So where was the venue and how were the gigs promoted/announced? Since moving house a few years ago I no longer get anything through the grapevine and only get to hear of things "after the event"

You're saying he was bloody good, was that in reference to the acoustic blues, Dr Brown or Dreamscape EP? Only time I ever saw HLL without Hawkwind was at the Royal Standard about 6-7 years ago. Then he was "bloody good" too.

Mike P

Yep it's true! He was bloody good, he didn't seem to play much new
material but played alot of stuff from his solo albums very well - lots
of groovy riffs and he intermingled his work with some Hawkwind classics
(Moonglum, Magnu? The memory fades, old age!)

As for Dr Brown I also heard rumours of a split and believe (although
don't quote me on this) that a local Leicester Band, Heliotrope, have
poached a former member... think he does vocals..I'll check this out when
I catch up with the bassist at the local pub :)

Maxine

OBFunction this weekend: Derby Rock'n'Blues (featuring Sweet and the
Glitter Band!)