Bevis Frond in US

Scott Heller (617) 724-7762 HELLERS at A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Aug 4 10:41:00 EDT 1996

       Incredible night last night! I still can't believe it! Nick Salomen
       (aka Bevis Frond) played in Boston last night with a local street
       musican named mary lou Lord. They are going to LA today to record a 7"
       of songs that Nik wrote for her on Kill Rock Stars label. She arranged
       for him to play here. He also did a 56m set live in the studio which
       will be broadcast on WMBR 881. next friday from 9-10 am.

            Anyway, Nick was incredibly cool. He loved the Bevis Shirt that
       Carl had brought me from England.  He played like 4 songs with Mary
       Lou and then 5-6 songs on his own.  He did play Stone Train Driver
       electric with two pick up musicians that had backed Mary Lou on her
       first 7".

            The news is what people will be interested in. Outskirts of
       Infinity who had broken up are back together. Nick said that bari is
       very untogether though and when a new lp will be out is not known. He
       said the Bevis/Dr. Brown studio jam recorded when he produced the
       Another Realms Cd for Dr. Brown will not be released because the
       drummer did not think he had a good night. Nick commented that he
       thought it was a great jam session, much better than the Nick and Nick
       and the psychotic Drivers lp. We talked about Huw LLoyd Langton as
       well. He said he was a super nice chap, but that his drinking problems
       were just too bad....  The new Bevis lp is done and will be out in
       October or so...  The Succour compilation has been a great sucess and
       really helped out the Ptolamaic Terrascope magazine.

            Nick said that he had been talking with a label called Infinity
       Zero or something like that about rereleasing his back catalog here in
       the US and new releases. We will see. Touring is just too expensive at
       this point, so be patient.

       What a great time.......

       SCott

       ObCs- The Muggers (lemmy, fast eddie, philthy, and another guitarist
       and vocalist doing all covers like Cinniman Girl, Summertime Blues,
       Something Else, etc... live in 1978!)

       "I used to see a professor that I thought was brilliant; I had
       tremendous respect for him.  At lunch, he was drinking only milk
       because he could not afford anything else. And I thought, if I studied
       10 more years, I would be at that level".

       Sandor Zeidlas, a third year student in Chemistry, who quit to go into
       business. Quote from Science magazine article on European Universities
       (Hungary).