HW: Kollektor Kuestion

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 4 15:08:42 EDT 1996

>I have a charisma release with the woman with a radio on the front (with
>Charisma logo in the top right corner and space ship in the top left
>corner), concrete hawk on the back. I have never seen it the other way
>around.
>
>My LP: Charisma 9124-002. I am quite sure this is a re-issue - the vinyl is
>way too thin to be from 1976, although I could be wrong.

I know both exist - because my copy (CDS 4004) has hawk on the front - that
is, with the hawk towards you, the opening is on the right.  It's clearly a
cock-up, becasue the album title really ought to be on the front and the
track list on the back!

I know this album is a kollektor's nightmare, both for this reason, and that
(I'm told) the Kadu Flyer credits vary (mine has Mandelkau/House/Calvert).
 (And before we start *that* thread again, yes it should have a credit to
Turner, but for legal reasons - cf Calvert/MacManus on SM/7x7 - he used Jamie
Mandelkau's name instead.)

But the thing is, I'm not sure if mine is an original or not - I must have
got it in 77 or 78, it has the inner sleeve, but...

- Andy