Life On Mars..? (I'm not making this up, honestly...) (off topic)

Le Monsieur dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Tue Aug 6 20:02:44 EDT 1996

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Bryan Irby quoted:
>         "NASA has made a startling discovery that points to the
> possibility that a primitive form of microscopic life may
> have existed on Mars more than three billion years ago.  The
> research is based on a sophisticated examination of an ancient
> Martian meteorite that landed on Earth some 13,000 years ago.

Um, scuse me for asking, but how does a piece of Mars remove itself from
the planet and hurl itself into space toward Earth?

Of course, I could just be overlooking an obvious explanation.  My brain
seems to be working in short bursts today. :)

Damon Capehart        | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur       |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers