HW: Kris Tait's book

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Aug 7 22:54:39 EDT 1996

Jill writes:

> This is almost impossible to find - except as a Collector's Item.
> Hopefully it'll be one of the things that's re-issued along with some of
> the early stuff...... hint hint?

I bought my copy in the early 90's from the official merchandising
address.  I think it cost about a fiver.  I also got the address for
ordering the Weird Tapes from them, too.  They may have been slow, but
they were very helpful, and got there in the end.

The book is an amusing and interesting read, IMHO.  There are a lot of
contemporary newspaper articles and reviews reproduced (sometimes none too
legibly), too.

> I've heard that there is indeed an official follow-up to it planned
> but I'm not sure how far this has got or who is doing it.

When I enquired about a followup whilst ordering the first "installment"
the reply (from Kris) was along the lines of "yes... when I get the time."

> David Watson's "Born To Go - Hawkwind in the Seventies" book is still
> available I think, so if you want an alternative version of early
> Hawkwind history I can recommend this one.   (ok - I know him, he's a
> nice bloke, it's a good book and Dave Brock has read it and approved
> it, I'm told!)

It's a great book, IMHO.  I give it a thumbs up.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, _Any Gas Faster_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.