HW in Eurovision Song Contest!

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Thu Aug 8 06:49:34 EDT 1996

I just had this idea... seeing as easy listening has become such a
fad... Imagine - a clean-shaven, short-haired, cocktail suited group
called "David Brock and the Hawkwinds" lovingly performing the romantic
"Spirit of The Age" in mid-tempo in the style of Burt Bacharach at the
Eurovision Song Contest '97... I'm sure they'd win! Mr. Brock and his
musical group would win the hearts of young ladies all over Europe,
perhaps even the world! Lemmy could lose some weight, cut his hair,
and re-join the group and play the organ, and do some crooning of his
own.... perhaps do a wonderful rendition of "The Watcher" or "Silver
Machine". Hmm... wonder what Calvert would have said? I'm snapping my
fingers already!

Christian