BOC: Random stuff

Fri Aug 9 08:40:03 EDT 1996

Boy, it's pretty quiet in BOC-L land -- then again, I hear AOL was down for
over a day the other day so that might be part of it.

Just got an e-mail from Luke - the guy who does the French BOC fanzine,
"Blue Pearl".  He gave me some info regarding the CD releases of *Club
Ninja* -- some of you may recall that I've been searching for a CD copy
of the "UK Mix" of CN - as has Bolle.  According to Luke, this mix does
NOT exist on CD, only on vinyl (on the Vinyl LP of CN pressed first in
Europe, and also on some 12" versions of "White Flags", the non-fadeout
version is used).  Well, I guess that's one less CD I have to look for!

Luke also asked if he could translate my review of the 6/22 Brain Surgeons
gig in Boston for use in "Blue Pearl", so it may show up in a future issue.

John

A few CD's recently in the player:

KISS - "You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best" (feeling 13 all over again)
Infectious Grooves - "The Plague That Makes Your Booty Move" (kind of a
funkier version of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers - features Robert Trujillo,
one bad-assed bass player)
The Fools - "Wake Up, It's Alive (Again)" (The Fools were one of THE best
club acts and college party bands in Boston in the 80's -- they also
briefly toured with Van Halen early in their career)
Various - "Also Available in Green" (a CD released recently by Trace Eliot,
makers of fine amplification equipment, for the occassion of their 15th
anniversary -- features tracks by lots of well-known bass players - mostly
jazz, but also some funk, and a live track by Steve Harris and Iron Maiden)