Patti Smith at the Empire

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Aug 9 12:09:47 EDT 1996

> All 13-year-olds with a guitar - like Johnny in "The Marshall Plan" - play
> "Smoke on the Water".  Not all 13-year-olds, on the other hand, get to play
> "Smoke on the Water" to a packed theatre, with Lenny Kaye and Tom Verlaine,
> and with Patti Smith on backup vocals.  Jackson Smith did on Wednesday.  It
> must be the coolest thing in the world to be Patti Smith's son!
>
> - Andy

I've seen the Allmans a few times where Dickey had his son Duane come
up and jam.  And his kid can really play.  Is Jackson Smith [love
that name!] a legit gtr plyr?  Must be pretty cool to go back to high
school and write that 'what I did on my summer vacation' paper, eh,
when you can nonchalantly point out:  Oh yeah, and I jammed with the
Allman Brothers...
theo