Patti Smith at the Empire

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 9 12:03:13 EDT 1996

Theo asked

>I've seen the Allmans a few times where Dickey had his son Duane come
>up and jam.  And his kid can really play.  Is Jackson Smith [love
>that name!] a legit gtr plyr?

Well, from where I was standing, it was hard to tell exactly how much he was
doing, but he seemed sound enough.  He sure looked the part!

Patti might have been indulging him, but I don't think she'd let him play if
he wasn't ready for it.

And if guitar-playing's genetic at all, he should be a natural!

BTW, "The Jackson Song" off _Dream of Life_ was for him, I guess.

- Andy