Amon Duul II news

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Aug 12 04:43:25 EDT 1996

At 08:45 1996-08-12 +-100, you wrote:
>Before I subscribed to this list I had only heard the name Amon Duul once
>or twice and I have never listened to any of their stuff. Seeing as they
>will be playing nearby in about a month what can you suggest I give a
>listen to that is a good example of their current material & what (if
>different) could be considered their Magnum opus (shit-hottest album of all
>time)

my vote for their Magnum Opus is: Yeti

you have here - speaking vinyl now, don't know what the CD's looks like -
not only a double album with one LP containing heavy krautrock, and one
containing long improvisations - you have also the Hawk connection Dave
Anderson, and the more weaker BOC connection of a cover art that *might*
help you remember the "Don't Fear the Reaper" track.

The "Soap Shop Rock" is an Amon Düül all time winner.

>Mike P.

\\joe