Amon Duul II news

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 12 17:47:09 EDT 1996

Jerry:

>>Further reading: try Julian Cope's _Krautrockampler_ (in all good
>>bookstores), or my Amon Duul II page,
>
>Shit, this is good! I love Cope's musical / lyrical work, but now it appears
>he has written a book? Hm, should get that soon! Can you give me the ISBN
>please?

You might have found this on my AD2 site by now:

---
...it's published by:

Head Heritage
KAK Ltd.
PO Box 3823
London N8 8TQ
England

The ISBN is 0-9526719-1-3, the price is #7.99.
---

You'll also enjoy his memoirs of The Teardrop Explodes!, _Head-On_ (same
publisher, #5.99, ISBN 0-9526719-0-5).

ObHWQuote (on finding the rest of the band smoking dope):

---
Oh great.  So now we're the fucking Grateful Dead or some shit.  We might as
well forget the whole thing.  I was so anti-drugs.  I thought the Clash had
sold out when they'd got on their spliff and reggae trip.  Now I was the bass
player in bloody Hawkwind.
---

Of course, Copey changed his mind later... :)

- Andy