HW: R. Calvert...8 years on...

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Aug 14 12:43:12 EDT 1996

> Hi Folks....
>
> Well, today is the Eighth Anniversary of the untimely demise of one Captain
> Lockheed, so everyone should pull out their 'Tales from Atomhenge' CD's or
> Quark at least and give it a spin in remembrance.
>
> It's commonly asked, 'Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot'??  or
> other similar scale events.  I'd have to ask my mom on this one, as I was yet
> to be born (although I was a fetus then).  But I remember where/how I first
> learned of the Challenger explosion.  And I certainly *do* remember where I was
> when I learned of Bob Calvert's death.  It was in Chris' Warped Records in
> Lakewood, OH (the only time I was ever in there I believe), flipping through
> the music magazines, when I saw it in a small news caption in one of them.  I'd
> say this was probably at least a month afterwards.  I guess nowadays I'd have
> learned of it within 24 hours, due to this newsgroup.
>
> Anybody else remember where they were??
>
> Keith H. (FAA)
>
> P.S.  Boy, it's been pretty quiet here the past week...everybody must be going
>       on holiday again.

Well. I probably didn't know of his demise until many months, if not _years_
afterwards. (Remember, this was before I was Net-savvy and HW info in the
US was damn-near non-existant.) I was at a family gathering and a freind of
the family's wife brought over a book that had important dates for various
rock bands in it (can't remember the title). Flipping to the HW entry, I was
shocked and dismayed to find that Capt. Lockheed had taken his final flight.
Bummed me right out...

I noticed the lack of traffic, too. Thought something was broken...

objCDPlayer: one of five German synth CD (I think its' Kistenmacher &
             Grosskopfs' CHARECTERS...). It is _so_ nice to be permanently
             telecommuting...:-)

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, a Siemens Nixdorf Co.
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400