OFF : Cope

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Wed Aug 14 14:58:18 EDT 1996

On 13-AUG-1996 09:45:30.1 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >For those who've never heard the guy, I guess he's a bit like a post-
   >punk Syd Barrett who never quite went over the edge. No, scratch that,
   >he did and he's sending postcards back. A lot of his stuff is an
   >acoustic guitar and the truth. There is a lot of full band stuff there
   >too, but it's really Julian himself who's far-out and psychedelic rather
   >than the Moog's he uses. Which he does.
   >Album's to check out are "Peggy Suicide" or "Jehovahkill"
   >a great comp is "Floored Genius".
   >My passion for Julian Cope is only matched by my love of Hawkwind.
   >And although they don't sound too similar, they both come from the same
   >planet, and it ain't this one!
   >--
   >Jon Browne
   >- We talked for hours, except for the fainting - Cope

All I've ever heard by Cope is "I Have Always Been Here Before", a Roky
Erikson song on the Erikson tribute album, and it's fantastic. Is this
anything like his own stuff?

Chuck
`[1;36;43mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive