Live '76 video stuff

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Aug 16 14:55:51 EDT 1996

I picked up this video a few months back and, despite occasional
feedback/sound problems, highly enjoy it, recommend it, etc.  I got it for
about $20 at Best Buy, they had a few in stock (all gone now..)

A few notes/observations (coming from someone who never saw them until last
year...)

Albert wore a nifty hat that fell off a couple of times (especially during
the 5-guitar version of TAtSoL)...  I liked his drum solo a lot, it wasn't a
speed drum solo like many you see nowadays, it had a very paced rhythmic
feel to it, and produced at times almost a puckering sound...  very unique.
None of the live CDs had a drum solo on them...

Joe does a nice effective mic sound effect during the chorus of ME-262, it
sounds really effective and I can't recall hearing it on any other versions
of the song (including OYFOOYK)...  anyone know if this is something they
just did around that time?  (well, clearly Danny didn't when I saw them last
year....)

Nice laser show... oh, yeah, great Astronomy, at times it so perfectly
subtle yet clear, for one stretch there was no sound at all except Buck's
individual strings...
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random
Guildmaster of Reeves
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm