Who is the Cyber Hippy?

Steve Burton southend at SERV.NET
Wed Aug 21 02:12:01 EDT 1996

At 05:37 PM 8/20/96 -0500, you wrote:

>>>         Hippy is listed in my UK dictionary as a variant of Hippie.
>>> I don't know if this spelling is accepted in the US or not.
>>>
>>>         How old do you have you have to be to qualify as an
>>> _original_ hipp**  ?  ;-)
>>>
>>> Martyn
>>
>>Well, pretty much ancient, I'd say.  Age varies, but I think anyone
>>who attended rock concerts, protests, love-ins, etc. pre-1970 would
>>qualify, regardless of age.  And you'd have to have been a longhair
>>as well.  Hair requirement waived for women, of course.
>>theo
>
>Don't you mean still a long hair instead of been a long hair? Anyone that's
>been and now isn't has conformed to a certain extent IMHO. They're no
>longer yippies...they're yuppies! Well except for the ones who lost their
>hair due to baldness, etc.
>
>Keith

Well, yes and no.

I guess you can't exactly call me "old" by the provided description, but I
was going to concerts in 72.

I have REAL long hair, and mostly always have since the early seventies.

BUT - I enjoy things like woodwork and mechanics, and making giant
campfires, and swimming and things, and that hair can really get in the way
sometimes!!

I often think of cutting it - but never have.

I once had an entire pan of tranmission fluid dump on my head.  It didn't
come out of my hair for 3-4 weeks.

So, if I got it all cut off tomorrow - I'd still be the same psychedelic person.

And I wouldn't have to pull hairs out of my vindaloo!

Steve