sabbath/moorcock?

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Wed Aug 21 13:46:11 EDT 1996

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Johan Edlundh wrote:

> good morning, list
> this is free thoughts directly stolen from the sabbath mailing list:

> Ancient Warrior --  Is this song about Michael Moorcock's Eternal
> Champion, or what?  Check out Moorcock's "The Eternal Champion,"
> especially when Erekose is being called by humanity.  "Beating war drums
> in his ears."

[snip]

> Ancient Warrior (Iommi)

[lyrics snipped]

> I'm no Eternal Champion expert, so I'd be glad if the Moorcock enthusiasts
> here (Allan?) would sort this out for me...

Doesn't really seem to be very MM-oriented; I checked the lyrics against
both _The Eternal Champion_ (where Rigenos summons Erekose) and _Phoenix
in Obsidian_ (where Urlik Skarsol takes up the Black Sword once more) and
found nothing that was similar to the lyrics.  Perhaps the original
poster had the book mixed up with another MM one (though none come to
mind, again).

Sorry:  wish I could be more help.

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     Nomad of the Time Streams.  Poet.
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            RPG Writer/Reviewer.  Outer God.

Visit the Dreaming City: http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~iscladoc/imrryr.html

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                        - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_