sabbath/moorcock?

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Aug 21 16:18:42 EDT 1996

> joe, im sorry but i fail to see much similarity tween this and any of
> moorcocks work.i think that any likeness is probably added by the
> mind of a wishful listener.the lyrics are vague,and if you ask me,
> almost meaningless without some further input.
> i dont mean this as a cut on sabbath, i love them,always have,and always
> will.
> ask me and we got another case like deep purples stormbringer vs.
> mm's. stormbringer.  apart from the name,there is no similarity,
> and the word stormbringer is not, like, a rare combination of images
> or anything.sounds like an amerindian concept to me.  rj

Really!  Purple and MM in the same breath doesn't seem to make much
sense.  I could see some link tween Tony Martin-era Sab. and MM, esp.
some of the stuff on TYR, but I agree that it's an existential leap
of epic breadth.
theo