sabbath/moorcock?

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 22 13:02:54 EDT 1996

simon writes:

> Reply to Andrew Gilham about Re: sabbath/moorcock?
>
> >ObHW: Had a look for the Alan Davey record yesterday.  Wasn't there.  It's on
> >EBS, isn't it?  So it's bound to be 2 weeks late... :)
>
> It's out in the UK. I saw it on Monday but didn't have the money (as normal).
> It's one of those card covers like the other recent stuff. Nice cover.

It's out.  Unexpected first track with Ron Tree that's fast and loud
and sounds, at first hearing, exactly like Death Trap only with
different lyrics.   After that it goes mostly rather quiet and melodic
which, for those folk who like action in their music, may be a bit
disappointing but I found it extremely peaceful and rather beautiful.

There are a couple of faster-paced, more bass driven tracks to break the
flow but it's definitely an introspective kind of album with the
highlight (on first hearing) being track 3 'Higher Than Before'.   I've
only listened through it once - and was interrupted by something half
way through so this is by no means a definitive review!  But I got the
impression that the 2nd half of the album isn't quite as musically
complex as the first half.   However I like what I've heard so far and
think I'm going to enjoy this playing this album regularly.

IMOly

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk