OFF: Re: Pyramids

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 22 13:18:00 EDT 1996

Gordon Hundley writes:

> It's probably called 'Zeta Orionis', since that's a star in he
> constellation of Orion, of particular interest if you'd read
> Bauval/Hancock/Gilbert/West's theories about the positioning of the
> pyramids of Giza/Dashour. This star (Almtak to the Persians) in Orion's

is that the one with 3 pyramids of different heights in a (not quite)
straight line representing different star magnitudes and at least two
(not quite sure if all four exist) small pyramids built in appropriate
positions and distances around them so it seems like they were trying
to map out Orion on the ground as well?    I think that's the theory
anyhow - it may still be a long way from provability....

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk