spong

Martyn White white at BORG.MED.ECU.EDU
Thu Aug 22 13:04:12 EDT 1996

        The "trippy night" "." thread reminded me of an
underground comic I read in the early '80s.  A guy is alone in his
apartment and decides to experiment with a hallucinogenic cocktail.
The next picture finds him sitting and thinking "hmmm, nothing
much happening yet".  Then over the page, he has a very
startled look, you can see his skull through his
head which is drawn against a star field.  Above his head in
large letters is the caption "SPONG".  Among the friends I
was with, SPONG became the word to say on certain occassions.
        In any event, the name of the publication

        "Brainstorm Comics"

So now you see that I would never post anything without a Hawkwind connection

Martyn