OFF: Rainbow/Dio

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Fri Aug 23 09:07:02 EDT 1996

Stephen Swann spoke thusly:
> But this post pretty much agrees in total with my perception Dio's
> career: _Heaven and Hell_ and Rainbow's _Rising_ are definitely the
> high points...
> Also, a friend of mine keeps insisting that I should listen to _Long
> Live Rock 'n Roll_.  The title appalls me, but this particular friend
> has almost never been wrong on the subject of music....

        _LLRnR_ is an *ok* album (I mean, how great can an album be with
        THAT title track - save by Manowar?).

        I think Dio's best work, **by far**, is on the Rainbow _Live!_
        album.  Besides being BLACKMORE'S best work, Dio is nuts on
        "Mistreated" and "Catch The Rainbow."

Chip Hart                          *            chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company          *            http://www.pcc.com/~chip
15 Pinecrest Drive                 *            Work:800-722-7708
Essex Junction, VT  05452          *            Fax: 802-872-8214