New Topic

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Sat Aug 24 22:15:41 EDT 1996

Keith A Henderson wrote:

> Hey Folks...
>
> I know it's been a bit thin, with apparently a lot of people taking time off
> from work and school, but the list seems to be in a rut at the moment.  We need
> something new and preferably controversial to start getting interested in.

 <sniporamadingaloodoo>

> How 'bout 'fonts' then...for lack of a better word.  They must've used more
> different styles than any other band.  Only a few 'classics' have continued to
> appear over the years, including the 'Gothic' HotMG/Warrior style, the tilted
> Doremi style, and the angular 'Sonic Attack' lettering....a couple others I
> suppose.
>
> If I were to vote, I suppose I'd choose the Warrior image as my favourite
> Hawkwind icon (and my favourite album cover of all time), and the Sonic Attack
> lettering.

Wow, you just picked like the IMHDrunkenO opinion the most cliche'd pair
of Spinal Tappy sleez-logos.... I'd say the classic one is the 'ol
double headed hawk pioneered on HotMG onward thru IitBotFtbD etc and
beyond (infinite variations here).......if not the nazi/commie-like
iconic ASAM one for saying "klunk" when ya look at
it........ifyaknowhwatimean.

christian