HW: Cleopatra cover art (was: etc.)

Le Monsieur dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Sun Aug 25 02:21:38 EDT 1996

On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, Christian Mumford wrote:
> Sorry if I'm negative, but I find their Motorhead "Iron Fist &
> The Hordes from Hell" and Nik Turner "Prophets of Time" gruesomly garish
> and painful too look at....... and they're the only Cleopatra-records I
> own...! But... where would we ( & space-rock)  be without 'em?

The funny thing about "Prophets of Time" is that I have a friend who has
a t-shirt with the *exact* picture... (y'know, the skeletons everywhere
and that angel guy standing over them).  As it turns out, he bought the
shirt at a Christian book store.  The picture is actually an artist's
rendition of a passage in Ezekiel where the skeletons come to life and
grow their flesh back.  Kinda cool, actually.  Hence the inspiration for
the non-Hawkwind song "Dem bones, dem bones, dem <pause> dry bones."

Damon Capehart        | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur       |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers