OFF: Re: Pyramids

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Mon Aug 26 16:58:26 EDT 1996

>WARNING ** this has no HW or BOC reference at all - except that HW would
>be writing songs about Atlantean civilistaions building pyramids if they
>weren't already writing songs about aliens ** :)

10500 BC seems to be a date that keeps cropping up in relation to all this.
One of the theories is that the pyramids were *planned* then, which is why
many allignments match up to the stars position *then* and not when they
were built.
It all makes a pretty convincing argument I think. I mean, there seems to be
so many "coincidences" that to me at least, it seems unlikely that they are
merely coincidences.
  Some of the TV programmes do seem to be a bit guilty of ignoring
conflicting evidence though, just as the established Egyptologists often
seem to do. I really recommend that anyone interested in all this check out
sci.archaelogy...there's a *lot* of petty bickering, but some interesting
points to be found too. Unfortunately, it seems like every "fact" has it
totally opposing "fact", and it gets a bit frustrating after a while. What
facts do I believe?! The ones I like best?!
  The last I heard, the "door" in the pyramid is being opened later this
year, although even that doesn't seem to be certain. There appears to be a
lot of secrecy surrounding it, the same goes for the chamber under the
Sphinx (which, by the way, I have been told definitely *does* exist (and the
specific study was quoted) and also definitely *doesn't* exist (again a
study was quoted!)). Maybe I should go and check it out for myself (you know
you're only dreaming!).
  As a good starter to all this kinda "ancient civilisation being far more
advanced than we give 'em credit for" sorta stuff, I'd recommend "From
Atlantis To The Sphinx" by Colin Wilson. It's good for an overview of the
whole thing, then you can track down the books covering the specifics.
  I hope this ain't boring all you people to death, but since there seems to
be some interest in all this, I thought I'd add to it! If you're not
interested...erm, why are you reading this?!! Delete godamnit, delete!