HW : Name

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Aug 27 04:22:28 EDT 1996

In message <01I8R4KH3H6A8YASTS at delphi.com>, HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM writes
>Definitely Nik. That is the schnozz that helped give HW their name...

I find it hard to beieve that Hawkwind got their name from Nik's nose
and the fact that he farted a lot. For a start weren't they called
Hawkwind before Nik joined?

I've always thought it was a referece to the Aeon of Horus, the Hawk-
headed God as postulated by Crowley among others. (Ya know, the "Wind Of
Change" etc.) I thought Nik's original Sphynx work bore this out to a
degree. I was going to ask Dave in the Cyber-Interview but was too busy
"holding the centre" at the time!

Any thoughts?
--
Jon Browne